What To Expect From A Beginner Pupil?
After six lessons with a complete beginner I would expect them to be able know and name all the elements of the guitar. Be able to tune the guitar. They could play around five basic open string chords and move between them. Furthermore, they would know one or two simple tunes and have the technique to play a C major scale. This would be what I expected from them, but each person is an individual, so some would be able to do more, some less.
Teaching Individually Or In Groups?
For me, this is an easy question to answer. Group tuition can be attractive to the guitar teacher and guitar students as it offers the teacher higher levels of income for the same amount of time and reduced costs for the student. The problem with group guitar lessons is that you need to work to the pace of the slowest student. This in turn can hold back the players who pick things up faster. It’s not a great way of teaching. I have had to do it in college scenarios, however, it’s not an ideal solution. Nothing beats individual one to one guitar tuition. You want to learn how to be a guitar teacher, not be and expert in dealing enmass with large classroom situations.
- With superb playability and a brilliant sound, this Acoustic Guitar Package is ideal for beginners.
- Available in a range of fantastic finishes, this quality guitar offers beginners the ideal long-lasting instrument with spare strings and a strap included.
- With a classic dreadnought design, this acoustic guitar is fitted with chrome diecast machine heads which are essential for keeping your instrument in tune.
- Produces a beautiful warm tone which can be created by pleasurable playing thanks to a high-quality dark wood neck and fingerboard.
- Also included is a standard nylon gig bag which will protect your guitar from dust and damage and make transportation easier and more efficient.
Last update on 2019-02-07 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API