Moving To Seattle, Creating The PNW Film Scoring Programme, Getting An(other) Education …
Hummie wraps up this four part interview discussing his move to Seattle, the first beginnings of the Pacific Northwest Film Scoring Program. He also talks about how he met Barbara Streisand under a huge last minute orchestration gig! His relationship and work with Jerry Goldsmith and finally his current film projects.
Podcast Ep 12 – Table Of Contents
- 1.05 The way in which technology is changing in film music.
- 4.07 Hummie discusses his Emmy awards.
- 3.43 TV series Seven Brides For Seven Brothers.
- 5.55 Revisiting “Language Of The Heart”.
- 8.08 PNW – How one of the finest film scoring programs started out.
- 12.59 Working for Marc Shaiman on his films Misery and City Slickers, Addams Family.
- 17.53 Deciding to study a doctoral thesis.
- 22.14 The results students studying at PNW are getting in the music industry.
- 25.24 Writing a book on film scoring and orchestration.
- 27.55 Orchestrating for a Barbara Streisand movie…last minute call!
- 29.43 Memories of Jerry Goldsmith.
- 37.45 Current projects underway and in the pipeline.
Check Out All Our Other Podcasts
Check out our podcast page which includes all our podcasts to date with news on up and coming episodes.
SUPPORT GMI THROUGH OUR PATREON PAGE
If you enjoy the podcasts, lessons, music and other activities please support us through Patreon. Patreon supporters also receive other benefits. Even if you can only give a dollar it all helps. Find the page here GMI Patreon page.