SCALES YOU CAN USE!
AVAILABLE TO BUY NOW!
No products found.
Scales You Can Use! is the latest GMI publication from guitarist and GMI lead tutor Ged Brockie. This 152 full colour book distils his thirty five year guitar playing experience which has covered every conceivable musical scenario. Learn the scale patterns that are both powerful and meaningful and really make the difference. This thought through method includes a template system of learning that acts as a force multiplier for your learning and understanding.
No products found.
SCALE YOU CAN USE! Guitar Scale Method FURTHER DETAILS
- A full colour publication offered in physical print, ePub and PDF Download form, 152 pages long.
- An easy to understand template system that enables you to learn and play major, natural, harmonic and melodic minor scales over the entire neck in seven positions.
- Scales You Can Use! includes tutorials and shows you how to play pentatonics in 10 different keys in one position.
- Learn how you can play in fourteen keys in one position using modal scales giving you complete musical control over key changes!
- Included are fret maps which detail a simple to understand root based system in two key positions giving you complete understanding.
- Theoretical explanations of pentatonic, major, melodic and harmonic minor, blues, chromatic, whole tone and diminished scales.
- A suite of “exotic” scales are also included for those that are looking to learn patterns that are on the fringe.
- Original music examples in music and TAB provided throughout Scales You Can Use! to ensure that you really learn the patterns shown.
- Open string patterns cover major, minor, pentatonic and blues scales.
- If you think you know what the cycle of fifths is about, then think again! Scales You Can Use! shows again and again how you can use this to the max!
- Divided into three chapters – Open Scale Patterns – Fretted Scale Patterns – Symmetrical Scale Patterns, each section within these chapters includes blank chord boxes and staff/TAB sheets for your own workings and examples.
- Traversing the entire neck in one key, playing round the cycle of fifths in one position, major, harmonic and minor scale comparison sheets are in there to give you the best chance of getting your scalar knowledge together once and for all!
- Modes are also covered and demystified showing you how to both create and apply these often misunderstood patterns.
- All three chapters are backed up by our Youtube videos viewable via QR codes so you can view the scales being demonstrated by GMI’s Ged Brockie.
A Tiny Selection Of The Contents From SCALES YOU CAN USE!
Here is an example of just two chromatic scales from the opening section of Scales You Can Use! Chromatic scales are often neglected and especially so when it comes to the open position. Scales You Can Use! covers these and more.
Although covered in great detail elsewhere, Ged includes open string blues scales which again are sadly lacking in many players repertoire of scalar patterns. Learning these open string variety of blues scales is a must know.
This graphic shows one of the fretboard view maps which adorn Scales You Can Use! Using a balanced approach to fingering and note placement, learn how you can breath new life into your pentatonic and blues scale ideas.
This is definitely not just a book of scale patterns which are numerous both printed and on the web. Scales You Can Use! includes original exercises created specifically for this guitar method to ensure players get the most out of the patterns that they learn.
Again, here you can see a selection of some of the open string scales presented in this work. If you are serious about getting your guitar playing together and your fed up with false starts, this book could be the last book you’ll ever need to by when it comes to scalar knowledge.
Knowing how to use the patterns you learn is a must and with that in mind, you will learn how to use your newly learned scales in a variety of ways. In this graphic taken from the book, you can see the open string scales being played through the cycle of 4ths/5ths.
Here is another example of the beautiful graphical nature of the book. This is taken from a section of the book which demonstrates how patterns can be joined together and taken up the neck with position changes shown.
Modes are a big subject and they are also covered as you would expect. For many, modes are a mystery, for others a holy grail. Ged Brockie gives his forthright opinion on modal playing as well as helping you get the most from the scales you know.
FACTS & FIGURES
TOTAL NUMBER OF UNIQUE SCALE PATTERNS = 96
NUMBER OF PAGES WITH MUSIC/TAB EXERCISES = 19
PAGES WITH THEORETICAL EXPLANATION = 23
NUMBER OF PAGES WITH ADDITIONAL & EXPLODED GRAPHICS FOR DETAILED VISUAL EXPLANATION = 26
SCALES YOU CAN USE! – FROM GMI AVAILABLE NOW ON AMAZON!
No products found.
Check out our best selling book Drop Two Voicings Uncovered which has had amazing reviews from customers around the world!