NOW IT’S TIME TO START PLAYING CHORD PROGRESSIONS UP THE NECK
Playing chord progressions in one position is all very well, but this lesson takes you to the next level. This is all about being able to play a series of chords in numerous positions. That is, your faced with a chord progression and you have the option of playing it in several places. This is important because it gives you choice regarding the chords you play and ultimately the sound you create. If you are forced into always playing a set of chords in one place your chordal playing could begin to sound the same.
In order to carry out this lesson you will need to know all the material given in previous lessons. This will mean that you understand the basic progression we have been studying. That you understand how to create inversions from chords. That you can play them easily without stopping no matter the chord shape.
The resources offered in this lesson are in one specific key as shown in the video. You should, however, be looking to play this progression in as many different positions and keys as possible. That is where the Drop Two Voicings Uncovered book comes in which is detailed below. If you are serious about getting your chordal playing together then this book really is for you.
Good luck with the lesson. Make sure you take the questions at the bottom of the page before moving on.
Get The Most Out Of This Course – Buy The Book That Supports This Free Course
DROP TWO VOICINGS UNCOVERED – Available To Buy Direct From Amazon Or The PDF Version From The GMI Shop
The chords discussed in this lesson and hundreds of other chords and how to use them are found in the GMI – Guitar & Music Institute publication Drop Two Voicings Uncovered
This full colour book can be bought either as a printed copy directly from Amazon, or as a PDF immediate download from the GMI Guitar Store.
Both books are exactly the same The PDF book is 112 pages in total and the printed version is 120 pages in total.
What Is In This Guitar Chord Book?
- A full colour publication in physical print form 120 pages long, PDF version 112 pages.
- An easy to understand system that enables you to generate the same chord over the entire neck and across all string sets.
- Drop Two Voicings Uncovered details how guitarists can extend their chordal knowledge and is for any guitarist who aspires to play jazz, extend their chord knowledge in usable forms for blues, funk, pop and a wide range of other musical genres and scenarios.
- There are nearly 1100 individual chord boxes used within the book with no music reading skills needed to get the most from this volume.
- Learn not only how to play new chord ideas, but how to generate new chord forms and crucially how to use them within some of the most widely used progressions in music.
- A comprehensive thirteen part video course (nearly two hours of video) complements and develops each lesson within the guitar book. These videos are view-able on both the GMI Youtube channel and within the GMI website blog area.
- Purchasers of the guitar book can download additional learning materials that extend your use of Drop Two Voicings Uncovered. Further chordal ideas in a downloadable pdf book and 21 mp3 backing tracks to practice along with will be offered.
- Periodical free updates sheets will be offered to book owners.
To purchase the printed version of “Drop Two Voicings Uncovered” directly from Amazon click the link in the product box below.
To purchase the lower cost PDF format of Drop Two Voicings Uncovered from the GMI online store and receive it immediately click Drop 2 Voicings GMI Guitar Book. This link opens in a new window.
July 26, 2017
28 July 2016
10 November 2016
I can highly recomend it to any guitarist who is seeking to learn more in depth about the most common in jazz progressions
16 July 2016
26 July 2016