LEARN A MINOR 7 GUITAR CHORD ON ALL STRING SETS
If you are really wanting to learn how to play a minor 7 guitar chord all over the neck then this lesson is a must. This is another challenging lesson. It’s not that hard to play the chords that are played in the video. It does become a lot harder when you have to think ahead. That is, when you are having to think of the next chord in the four quadrant idea presented.
The quadrant idea is based around cutting up the cycle of fifths into four equal parts. By practicing in this way, we can challenge our playing to ensure we really know the chords in all keys. One problem that guitarists suffer from is knowing a few chords in a couple of keys. The reasons for this are obvious, most of the time we don’t want to challenge ourselves and have to really think. This lesson ensures that you do. As the chords move around the cycle, the first chord in the next quadrant will need to be found by utilizing the melody or bass note. This is the real challenge of this lesson. Not so much learning the shapes, but knowing how to use them.
If you stick with it, you will improve. The next lesson will expand upon the work you carry out here.
TAKE THIS LESSON AND LEARN CHORDS ACROSS THE NECK?
You learned all about the minor seventh chord in this lesson, however, you also need to learn to play major seven and dominant seven chords as well. By purchasing our printed books, you support the many free resources created for GMI – Guitar & Music Institute. Please share this lesson by using the share buttons below.
Get The Most Out Of This Course – Buy The Book That Supports This Free Course
DROP TWO VOICINGS UNCOVERED – Available To Buy Direct From Amazon Or The PDF Version From The GMI Shop
The chords discussed in this lesson and hundreds of other chords and how to use them are found in the GMI – Guitar & Music Institute publication Drop Two Voicings Uncovered
This full colour book can be bought either as a printed copy directly from Amazon, or as a PDF immediate download from the GMI Guitar Store.
Both books are exactly the same The PDF book is 112 pages in total and the printed version is 120 pages in total.
What Is In This Guitar Chord Book?
- A full colour publication in physical print form 120 pages long, PDF version 112 pages.
- An easy to understand system that enables you to generate the same chord over the entire neck and across all string sets.
- Drop Two Voicings Uncovered details how guitarists can extend their chordal knowledge and is for any guitarist who aspires to play jazz, extend their chord knowledge in usable forms for blues, funk, pop and a wide range of other musical genres and scenarios.
- There are nearly 1100 individual chord boxes used within the book with no music reading skills needed to get the most from this volume.
- Learn not only how to play new chord ideas, but how to generate new chord forms and crucially how to use them within some of the most widely used progressions in music.
- A comprehensive thirteen part video course (nearly two hours of video) complements and develops each lesson within the guitar book. These videos are view-able on both the GMI Youtube channel and within the GMI website blog area.
- Purchasers of the guitar book can download additional learning materials that extend your use of Drop Two Voicings Uncovered. Further chordal ideas in a downloadable pdf book and 21 mp3 backing tracks to practice along with will be offered.
- Periodical free updates sheets will be offered to book owners.
To purchase the printed version of “Drop Two Voicings Uncovered” directly from Amazon click the link in the product box below.
To purchase the lower cost PDF format of Drop Two Voicings Uncovered from the GMI online store and receive it immediately click Drop 2 Voicings GMI Guitar Book. This link opens in a new window.
July 26, 2017
28 July 2016
10 November 2016
I can highly recomend it to any guitarist who is seeking to learn more in depth about the most common in jazz progressions
16 July 2016
26 July 2016