GENERATING NINTH CHORDS ACROSS THE GUITAR FRETBOARD
If you know one or two ninth chords then great. You know how good they sound. They are used in so many music styles from blues to jazz and beyond. This lesson will show you how to get away from one or two ninth guitar chord shapes. Ninth chords are created from or are extensions to dominant seventh chords. The video lesson goes into this in detail. Suffice to say, you can add a ninth tone from the scale that creates a dominant seventh chord. By adding the ninth tone which is the same as the second tone of the scale, you create the dominant ninth.
So, many players know the theory just mentioned. What they don’t know is that they can generate four dominant ninth shapes on each four string set. That’s right, you can create a total of twelve dominant ninth chords for any root note you choose.
HOW DOES THIS HELP ME?
The more chord forms you know the better. It means that you are able to make connections across the fretboard when playing chord progressions. It also means that if you have a static chord; say C9 for thirty bars you can create interest. You can do this by playing the various inversions of the ninth chord across different string sets. As mentioned in the video, there are caveats to this. In some of the inversions you will be playing the ninth in the bass. You have to be careful about this, especially when playing on lower string sets. This can make the chord sound really muddy and make the basic tonality confusing.
Get The Most Out Of This Course – Buy The Book That Supports This Free Course
DROP TWO VOICINGS UNCOVERED – Available To Buy Direct From Amazon Or The PDF Version From The GMI Shop
The chords discussed in this lesson and hundreds of other chords and how to use them are found in the GMI – Guitar & Music Institute publication Drop Two Voicings Uncovered
This full colour book can be bought either as a printed copy directly from Amazon, or as a PDF immediate download from the GMI Guitar Store.
Both books are exactly the same The PDF book is 112 pages in total and the printed version is 120 pages in total.
What Is In This Guitar Chord Book?
- A full colour publication in physical print form 120 pages long, PDF version 112 pages.
- An easy to understand system that enables you to generate the same chord over the entire neck and across all string sets.
- Drop Two Voicings Uncovered details how guitarists can extend their chordal knowledge and is for any guitarist who aspires to play jazz, extend their chord knowledge in usable forms for blues, funk, pop and a wide range of other musical genres and scenarios.
- There are nearly 1100 individual chord boxes used within the book with no music reading skills needed to get the most from this volume.
- Learn not only how to play new chord ideas, but how to generate new chord forms and crucially how to use them within some of the most widely used progressions in music.
- A comprehensive thirteen part video course (nearly two hours of video) complements and develops each lesson within the guitar book. These videos are view-able on both the GMI Youtube channel and within the GMI website blog area.
- Purchasers of the guitar book can download additional learning materials that extend your use of Drop Two Voicings Uncovered. Further chordal ideas in a downloadable pdf book and 21 mp3 backing tracks to practice along with will be offered.
- Periodical free updates sheets will be offered to book owners.
To purchase the printed version of “Drop Two Voicings Uncovered” directly from Amazon click the link in the product box below.
To purchase the lower cost PDF format of Drop Two Voicings Uncovered from the GMI online store and receive it immediately click Drop 2 Voicings GMI Guitar Book. This link opens in a new window.
July 26, 2017
28 July 2016
10 November 2016
I can highly recomend it to any guitarist who is seeking to learn more in depth about the most common in jazz progressions
16 July 2016
26 July 2016