Understanding How To Make Use Of Minor Scale Chord Progression Ideas
This lesson which covers minor scale chord progression examples introduces you to an area that a lot of guitarist do not venture! Most players of a certain level will definitely know about major key centres. The truth is, sadly, when it comes to minor chord progressions it’s all a bit of a mystery. This lesson is all about uncovering that stone and understanding the chords that make up songs written in minor keys. Part of the problem is that there are two main minor scales. There is the harmonic and the melodic key centres. They both are equally valid, but they offer differing chordal choices.
Knowing the difference in chord qualities between these two scale choices is crucial to understanding and playing in minor keys. When it comes to choosing the more popular choice between the minor scales, harmonic and melodic, the harmonic will usually come out on top. The reason for this is that it contains a flattened sixth tone. This tone is really helpful in creating dissonance over the V chord of the minor key. The melodic minor scale has a natural sixth and this is where the difference between the scales lies. The chords that are created because of this one semi-tone difference makes all the difference.
This was quite a heavy lesson so take time to answer the quiz questions at the bottom of the page and test your knowledge.
Get The Most Out Of This Course – Buy The Book That Supports This Free Course
DROP TWO VOICINGS UNCOVERED – Available To Buy Direct From Amazon Or The PDF Version From The GMI Shop
The chords discussed in this lesson and hundreds of other chords and how to use them are found in the GMI – Guitar & Music Institute publication Drop Two Voicings Uncovered
This full colour book can be bought either as a printed copy directly from Amazon, or as a PDF immediate download from the GMI Guitar Store.
Both books are exactly the same The PDF book is 112 pages in total and the printed version is 120 pages in total.
What Is In This Guitar Chord Book?
- A full colour publication in physical print form 120 pages long, PDF version 112 pages.
- An easy to understand system that enables you to generate the same chord over the entire neck and across all string sets.
- Drop Two Voicings Uncovered details how guitarists can extend their chordal knowledge and is for any guitarist who aspires to play jazz, extend their chord knowledge in usable forms for blues, funk, pop and a wide range of other musical genres and scenarios.
- There are nearly 1100 individual chord boxes used within the book with no music reading skills needed to get the most from this volume.
- Learn not only how to play new chord ideas, but how to generate new chord forms and crucially how to use them within some of the most widely used progressions in music.
- A comprehensive thirteen part video course (nearly two hours of video) complements and develops each lesson within the guitar book. These videos are view-able on both the GMI Youtube channel and within the GMI website blog area.
- Purchasers of the guitar book can download additional learning materials that extend your use of Drop Two Voicings Uncovered. Further chordal ideas in a downloadable pdf book and 21 mp3 backing tracks to practice along with will be offered.
- Periodical free updates sheets will be offered to book owners.
To purchase the printed version of “Drop Two Voicings Uncovered” directly from Amazon click the link in the product box below.
To purchase the lower cost PDF format of Drop Two Voicings Uncovered from the GMI online store and receive it immediately click Drop 2 Voicings GMI Guitar Book. This link opens in a new window.
July 26, 2017
28 July 2016
10 November 2016
I can highly recomend it to any guitarist who is seeking to learn more in depth about the most common in jazz progressions
16 July 2016
26 July 2016