AN INTRODUCTION TO USING CHORD SYNONYMS FOR GUITAR
This is a really powerful lesson and it’s all about chord synonyms! Why would that be? Well, currently you have learned minor seven, dominant seven and major seventh chords. The great thing about this lesson is that you will be learning about a new chord, but you don’t need to learn any new shapes. How can this be? Well this is to do with the power of synonyms. You will be learning more synonyms later in the course, but to ease you in this one is quite simple. It might help at this stage though to look up the dictionary definition of what a synonym is.
This is from Wikipedia: “A synonym is a word or phrase that means exactly or nearly the same as another word or phrase in the same language.”
What we will be doing in this lesson is using chord forms that we already know, and then regarding them differently. What this means is that you think of them in a different harmonic context. The chord that we will be studiying is the minor seventh chord. We will change how we think of this chord and will regard it as a major sixth. How can we do this? Well the best thing to do is to watch the video. All your questions will hopefully be answered by doing this. If they are not, feel free to send a question to the course lecturer Ged Brockie.
Get The Most Out Of This Course – Buy The Book That Supports This Free Course
DROP TWO VOICINGS UNCOVERED – Available To Buy Direct From Amazon Or The PDF Version From The GMI Shop
The chords discussed in this lesson and hundreds of other chords and how to use them are found in the GMI – Guitar & Music Institute publication Drop Two Voicings Uncovered
This full colour book can be bought either as a printed copy directly from Amazon, or as a PDF immediate download from the GMI Guitar Store.
Both books are exactly the same The PDF book is 112 pages in total and the printed version is 120 pages in total.
What Is In This Guitar Chord Book?
- A full colour publication in physical print form 120 pages long, PDF version 112 pages.
- An easy to understand system that enables you to generate the same chord over the entire neck and across all string sets.
- Drop Two Voicings Uncovered details how guitarists can extend their chordal knowledge and is for any guitarist who aspires to play jazz, extend their chord knowledge in usable forms for blues, funk, pop and a wide range of other musical genres and scenarios.
- There are nearly 1100 individual chord boxes used within the book with no music reading skills needed to get the most from this volume.
- Learn not only how to play new chord ideas, but how to generate new chord forms and crucially how to use them within some of the most widely used progressions in music.
- A comprehensive thirteen part video course (nearly two hours of video) complements and develops each lesson within the guitar book. These videos are view-able on both the GMI Youtube channel and within the GMI website blog area.
- Purchasers of the guitar book can download additional learning materials that extend your use of Drop Two Voicings Uncovered. Further chordal ideas in a downloadable pdf book and 21 mp3 backing tracks to practice along with will be offered.
- Periodical free updates sheets will be offered to book owners.
To purchase the printed version of “Drop Two Voicings Uncovered” directly from Amazon click the link in the product box below.
To purchase the lower cost PDF format of Drop Two Voicings Uncovered from the GMI online store and receive it immediately click Drop 2 Voicings GMI Guitar Book. This link opens in a new window.
July 26, 2017
28 July 2016
10 November 2016
I can highly recomend it to any guitarist who is seeking to learn more in depth about the most common in jazz progressions
16 July 2016
26 July 2016