UNDERSTANDING AND USING THE ii-v-i chord progression & VOICE LEADING
This lesson deals with one area of guitar playing that causes a lot of confusion with regards the ii-v-i chord progression. The question is, what is and how can voice leading be applied to progressions like this. This HD video lesson will clear up any misunderstanding you have regarding this area of playing. Ged Brockie explains and performs the progression at various parts of the neck. Once you have watched this video, you will be able to play the II – V – I with voice leading in a meaningful way.
The main aim of good voice leading is to create really effective harmonic resolutions. To make this happen, you need to think of your chords differently. Most people think of chords as vertical structures. With voice leading, you need to think on a horizontal plane. Once you do this, you will see that chords contain voices. In the examples that are shown in the video, all the chords are four note in structure. This means that the lowest note in one chord will follow to the lowest note in the next and so on. In this way, we can visualise four voices that are moving along a horizontal plane. Our aim is to make movements between chords as easy and as close as possible. To do this, we make use of chord inversions. This is how we can create great voice leading. The guitar chords smoothly move into one another. In effect, each chord voice takes the path of least resistance.
Get The Most Out Of This Course – Buy The Book That Supports This Free Course
DROP TWO VOICINGS UNCOVERED – Available To Buy Direct From Amazon Or The PDF Version From The GMI Shop
The chords discussed in this lesson and hundreds of other chords and how to use them are found in the GMI – Guitar & Music Institute publication Drop Two Voicings Uncovered
This full colour book can be bought either as a printed copy directly from Amazon, or as a PDF immediate download from the GMI Guitar Store.
Both books are exactly the same The PDF book is 112 pages in total and the printed version is 120 pages in total.
What Is In This Guitar Chord Book?
- A full colour publication in physical print form 120 pages long, PDF version 112 pages.
- An easy to understand system that enables you to generate the same chord over the entire neck and across all string sets.
- Drop Two Voicings Uncovered details how guitarists can extend their chordal knowledge and is for any guitarist who aspires to play jazz, extend their chord knowledge in usable forms for blues, funk, pop and a wide range of other musical genres and scenarios.
- There are nearly 1100 individual chord boxes used within the book with no music reading skills needed to get the most from this volume.
- Learn not only how to play new chord ideas, but how to generate new chord forms and crucially how to use them within some of the most widely used progressions in music.
- A comprehensive thirteen part video course (nearly two hours of video) complements and develops each lesson within the guitar book. These videos are view-able on both the GMI Youtube channel and within the GMI website blog area.
- Purchasers of the guitar book can download additional learning materials that extend your use of Drop Two Voicings Uncovered. Further chordal ideas in a downloadable pdf book and 21 mp3 backing tracks to practice along with will be offered.
- Periodical free updates sheets will be offered to book owners.
To purchase the printed version of “Drop Two Voicings Uncovered” directly from Amazon click the link in the product box below.
To purchase the lower cost PDF format of Drop Two Voicings Uncovered from the GMI online store and receive it immediately click Drop 2 Voicings GMI Guitar Book. This link opens in a new window.
July 26, 2017
28 July 2016
10 November 2016
I can highly recomend it to any guitarist who is seeking to learn more in depth about the most common in jazz progressions
16 July 2016
26 July 2016