GUITAR KEYS – HOW DO THEY WORK, WHAT DO THEY MEAN?
When some guitarists talk about guitar keys, they usually mean the following. Musical songs where the vast majority of the chords within the song can be played in open position. That is, none of the chords need to be barred. Obviously, this course is looking to help you play at a much higher level that looking for non barred chord shapes.
This lesson introduces you to the fundamental system that music in the west has been based on for hundreds of years. Knowing this lesson inside out will have a huge impact on your playing. You will not just know more theoretically, but you will be able to play more. That is, you will be able to play more once you understand and apply the ideas presented.
WHY IS THIS SO IMPORTANT?
It’s so important because once you understand the system that is outlined in the video, you will be able to move between keys. Imagine this scenario, or perhaps you have experienced it. You are in a band and the singer can’t play in a specific key because the melody is to low or high. What happens next? Well, what happens is the band has to change the key of the song. That is where the knowledge from this lesson comes in. Without knowing all your keys and how they operate, you are reduced to the second division of musicianship.
Take time to consider the ideas in this lesson. Remember to take the quiz at the bottom of the page to test your knowledge.
Get The Most Out Of This Course – Buy The Book That Supports This Free Course
DROP TWO VOICINGS UNCOVERED – Available To Buy Direct From Amazon Or The PDF Version From The GMI Shop
The chords discussed in this lesson and hundreds of other chords and how to use them are found in the GMI – Guitar & Music Institute publication Drop Two Voicings Uncovered
This full colour book can be bought either as a printed copy directly from Amazon, or as a PDF immediate download from the GMI Guitar Store.
Both books are exactly the same The PDF book is 112 pages in total and the printed version is 120 pages in total.
What Is In This Guitar Chord Book?
- A full colour publication in physical print form 120 pages long, PDF version 112 pages.
- An easy to understand system that enables you to generate the same chord over the entire neck and across all string sets.
- Drop Two Voicings Uncovered details how guitarists can extend their chordal knowledge and is for any guitarist who aspires to play jazz, extend their chord knowledge in usable forms for blues, funk, pop and a wide range of other musical genres and scenarios.
- There are nearly 1100 individual chord boxes used within the book with no music reading skills needed to get the most from this volume.
- Learn not only how to play new chord ideas, but how to generate new chord forms and crucially how to use them within some of the most widely used progressions in music.
- A comprehensive thirteen part video course (nearly two hours of video) complements and develops each lesson within the guitar book. These videos are view-able on both the GMI Youtube channel and within the GMI website blog area.
- Purchasers of the guitar book can download additional learning materials that extend your use of Drop Two Voicings Uncovered. Further chordal ideas in a downloadable pdf book and 21 mp3 backing tracks to practice along with will be offered.
- Periodical free updates sheets will be offered to book owners.
To purchase the printed version of “Drop Two Voicings Uncovered” directly from Amazon click the link in the product box below.
To purchase the lower cost PDF format of Drop Two Voicings Uncovered from the GMI online store and receive it immediately click Drop 2 Voicings GMI Guitar Book. This link opens in a new window.
July 26, 2017
28 July 2016
10 November 2016
I can highly recomend it to any guitarist who is seeking to learn more in depth about the most common in jazz progressions
16 July 2016
26 July 2016