LESSON SEVEN INSTRUCTIONS
- You are now half way through the course. Rather than just pile on lesson after lesson, it’s time to look over and consider the content you have already learned.
- Listen to your day seven audio file.
- Go through the revision plan to find out how you are coping with content.
- Download your “Day Seven” additional learning PDF.
LESSON SEVEN CONTENT
- Go through the check list below to find out how much you are retaining.
- Make sure you fill in your work diary with your results and what you need to improve.
WHAT YOU HAVE LEARNED SO FAR
This is a list of what has been covered in the fourteen day challenge so far.
- The anatomy of the guitar and string names.
- Major chord forms.
- Minor chord forms.
- Changing between these chord forms.
- Rhythm playing and how to develop it.
- Play a simple open string scale and open string major scales in five keys.
- What a riff is and how to play it.
- The twelve bar blues progression
- You should be able to play six songs or at least have them near to completion.
WHY A REVISION WEEK AND NOT MORE NEW CONTENT?
One of the biggest problems
HOW DO I GO AROUND LEARNING THESE CHORDS
Although we don’t want to preempt Gary’s lesson, basically you really only need to know two things. The chord shape and where the root note is found. With these two pieces of information you will be equipped to play these chords all over the fretboard.
Why not go and watch the video and listen to the knowledge and advice given by Gary. Check out our other lessons which will complement this lesson such as Learning Guitar Riffs. For more infomation on all our courses please check out our How To Play Guitar webpage which details our print and ePub books and courses within GMI.