ABOUT THIS LESSON: In this introductory lesson you will learn all about the parts that make up both acoustic and electric guitars as well as the string names. You will also be introduced to major chords and shown a song to play with the chords. Finally a quiz is taken at the end of the lesson to ensure you have learned the material.
14 DAY BEGINNER GUITAR CHALLENGE OVERVIEW
The 14 Day Beginner Guitar Challenge offers you the chance to really learn to play guitar fast – from zero to a real guitar guitar hero in less than one month!
IF YOU HAVE NEVER PLAYED A GUITAR BEFORE AND REALLY WANT TO LEARN…THIS IS THE NUMBER ONE COURSE FOR YOU!
HOW DOES THE CHALLENGE WORK?
- Sign up for the 14 day beginner guitar challenge
- Receive your first lesson immediately
- From then on, every second day a new exciting lesson is opened to you as part of the 14 day beginner guitar challenge
- You complete the course 27 days after you started…14 amazing guitar lessons in under one month.
WHAT’S IN THE 14 DAY BEGINNERS GUITAR CHALLENGE?
- A BEAUTIFUL COURSE HANDBOOK & DIARY. You receive a course handbook/diary which shows all the material you’ll learn and enables you to track your progress lesson by lesson.
- EXCLUSIVE MP3 COMMENTARIES WITH EVERY LESSON. Each lesson includes an mp3 commentary support file created by GMI lead tutor Ged Brockie. These lesson commentaries include helpful tips, ideas, motivation and course progress help which you can download.
- HD VIDEO AS STANDARD. All lessons include HD videos explaining technique, concepts and information for you to download for watching on any device you have. Full screen and beautifully presented with split screens and information shown on screen.
- BLENDED CONTENT FROM ACROSS THE GMI RANGE OF VIDEOS. We have chosen and integrated video material from across many of the GMI free courses, blending them to create a completely thought through and immersive guitar learning experience. Creating one of the finest guitar learning experiences anywhere on the Internet today.
- QUIZZES INCLUDED TO HELP LEARNING. A quiz is offered in each lesson to ensure that you are both understanding and memorising previous material. You don’t proceed to the next lesson until you pass the quiz.
- THE BEST CURATED SONGS TO LEARN FROM ACROSS THE INTERNET. You will be offered numerous songs to play and learn that link to the lesson you have just learned. In many cases songs include information about the band or artist as well as other video material.
- ADDED PDF RESOURCES WITH EACH LESSON. In every lesson you will be offered further pdf material for download which supports and enhances the respective lesson material you are studying.
- BACKING TRACKS FOR YOU TO DOWNLOAD AND PRACTICE WITH. Backing tracks are included in many of the lessons for you to download and perfect your playing.
WHAT ELSE DOES THIS COURSE OFFER?
- YOU’RE NOT ALONE! Unlike other online courses, we believe you will at least need to the option to ask for help from time to time. A contact button for one of our teachers, if you have a specific problem you need explained is available for each lesson.
- YOU’RE PART OF A WIDER COMMUNITY. Take part in this specific course forums where you can share your thoughts, videos, images and sound clips and interact with other students should you wish.
- GIVE FEEDBACK. Upload your comments for individual lessons on how you find the lesson. You can help us create an even better course for the future.
- MONITOR YOUR PROGRESS BAR. Keep track of your progress through the course lessons with the percentage bar visual.
- CERTIFICATE INCLUDED. You will receive a certificate of completion from GMI – Guitar & Music Institute once you have completed the course for printing out and display.
HOW MUCH DOES THE 14 DAY BEGINNERS GUITAR CHALLENGE COST?
The cost for all this is just $14.95, just over a dollar a day for a guitar programme that ensures you will be a better guitar player than when you started! Without doubt, this is one of the best beginner guitar learner courses on the Internet bar none.
WHY IS THE COURSE NOT FREE?
GMI – Guitar & Music Institute offers free courses like every other guitar site. You can also view all our free guitar lesson material on Youtube totally free. This course is, however, very different as we wanted to offer new guitar players a course that made use of a wide range of media files and types.
What makes this course different is that it’s thought through, focussed, multi-media which, over 14 lessons is honed to ensure you make fast progress that is guided, measurable, includes community, teacher and feedback resources and is feature rich.
SIGN UP NOW – IMMEDIATE ENTRY – START LEARNING GUITAR TODAY!
- No more cherry picking information from here or there but not getting the basics right.
- No more learning chords and or scales but not having a musical context to play them in.
- No more zero feedback or the opportunity to give feedback and share your videos and learning.
- No more lack of additional resources, forum backup or moral boosting companion commentary.
THIS COURSE HAS IT ALL!
DOWNLOAD THE COURSE PROSPECTUS PDF CLICK ICON BELOW
ABOUT THIS LESSON: This lesson builds on all the work you carried out in lesson one which was given two days ago. There was a lot to learn in lesson one, but we are assuming that you are full of enthusiasm and commitment. You will be learning more chords as well as being introduced to scales, arpeggios and exercises in this lesson. You will also have a new song to learn which makes use of all the content you have learned so far.
ABOUT THIS LESSON: This lesson builds on all the chords you have already learned by helping you understand the importance of rhythm. Rhythms help define the songs and music we play and in this third lesson you’ll get an excellent grounding in rhythm guitar playing and how you can create your own rhythms.
ABOUT THIS LESSON: You will now learn in more depth open string scales and learning five major scales in open position. Being able to play melodies in more than one key is vital to being flexible as a guitarist. This is a hard lesson but worth the work.
ABOUT THIS LESSON: Everyone loves playing guitar riffs and this lesson explains what they are, how to play them and gives examples for you to practice. You will then go on to learn a popular song that consists of riff ideas to put your learning into a musical context.
ABOUT THIS LESSON: The twelve bar blues song structure has been used in literally thousands of songs, so it’s crucial that you learn it. In this lesson you will learn all about the chords needed to play a twelve bar and you’ll also be given backing tracks to practice with when you are not actually on the site working. Finally, you’ll learn how to play one of the most iconic songs ever written with this structure. Learning the material in this lesson will open up a huge number of other songs in the popular music songbook so this is a must.
ABOUT THIS LESSON: This lesson is all about taking stock and catching up on the work you have already covered. It’s better to recover and ensure that you know the work before rather than continually adding new material and forgetting half of what you have learned. Prepare to be tested.
ABOUT THIS LESSON: Explanation of PIMA with examples of how to execute a finger-style melody.
ABOUT THIS LESSON: An introduction to arpeggiating chords by using PIMA.