SEVEN MAJOR SCALES IN ONE POSITION – BEFORE YOU START
This lesson is for the more advanced player and describes how seven major scales in one position can open up the fret board with regards your guitar playing.
FOR – IMPORTANT – : If you have learned your seven position major scales, this lesson takes you to the next level. If you have not viewed the lesson which outlines the seven major scales in position, then please click major scales fretted and revisit this video once you have understood and learned that material.
ABOUT THIS LESSON: This lesson continues from the lesson which outlined the seven major scales and helps you to understand the musical power they offer in any one position on the guitar neck.
LESSON DIFFICULTY: Advanced
Without doubt this is a keystone guitar lesson. For anyone who is serious about being able to play advanced music forms such as jazz or classical music, this lesson must be understood and acted upon. As with other lessons, this lesson makes use of a template system of learning. What it means is that you will not have to reach to far with your fingering when you want to access other keys. Having seven major keys under your fingers in any one position is a wonderful thing but it doesn’t stop there. Due to the fact that we can utilise relative major and minor scale theory, we actually have seven natural minor keys in any one position as well. Think about that for a moment. If you work hard, understand and use the contents of this lesson you will be able to play in fourteen keys in any one position. Seven major keys and seven minor keys.
OTHER GUITAR SCALE LESSONS
Once you have mastered the above you can then move on and look at the lesson melodic minor scales in seven positions for guitar. You will find that the whole of the fret board opens up for you. Check out all our guitar tuition courses which are all free and well worth visiting.
The Book That Accompanies This And Our Other Guitar Scale Lessons
Pentatonic scales and hundreds of other patterns are all found in the GMI – Guitar & Music Institute publication Scales You Can Use!
This full colour book can be bought either as a printed copy directly from Amazon, or as a PDF immediate download from the GMI Guitar Store.
Both books are exactly the same apart from the printed book including blank staff and TAB along with blank chord boxes for your own guitar scale ideas. The PDF book is 105 pages in total and the printed version is 152 pages in total.
What Is In This Guitar Scale Book?
- An easy to understand template system that enables you to learn and play major, natural, harmonic and melodic minor scales over the entire neck in seven positions.
- Included tutorials show how you can play pentatonic scales in 10 different keys within one fret board position.
- Learn to play in 14 keys in one position using modal scales giving complete musical control over key changes.
- Included fret maps detail a simple to understand root based system in two key positions giving you complete understanding.
- Theoretical explanations of pentatonic, major, melodic and harmonic minor, blues, chromatic, whole tone and diminished scales.
- A suite of “exotic” scales are included for those that are looking to learn patterns that are on the fringe.
- Original music examples in music and TAB provided throughout Scales You Can Use! to ensure that you really learn the patterns shown. Open string patterns cover major, minor, pentatonic and blues scales.
To purchase the printed version of Scales You Can Use directly from Amazon click the link in the product box below.
PURCHASE SCALES YOU CAN USE! PDF FROM THE GMI SHOP – IMMEDIATE DOWNLOAD
To purchase the lower cost PDF format of Scales You Can Use! from the GMI online store and receive it immediately click Essential Guitar Scales – Scales You Can Use! This link opens in a new window.