GUITAR MASTERS COURSE
COURSE TAUGHT: Malcolm MacFarlane
DIFFICULTY LEVEL: Advanced
COST: Free sample currently provided with two lessons currently available from a final course of eight.
FOR: Those with a lot of guitar playing experience and who wish to play advanced jazz guitar.
COURSE FORMAT & RESOURCES: Video & PDFs
DEMO MATERIAL FROM GUITAR MASTERS
Click the icon below and download the PDF. Once you have printed it out use the mp3 below to play along. If you want access to the half and three quarter speed versions of the solo, please sign up for a free membership and you will have access to these additional tracks and the video of Malcolm performing this solo. Sign up by clicking JOIN from above. Enjoy!
Giant Steps Intro Solo Full Speed
SLOWER SPEEDS FOR PLAY ALONG WITH INTRO SOLO
If your having a problem playing along with the full speed version, try working up to the full tempo by using these half and three quarter speed versions of Malcolm’s solo.
Giant Steps Intro Solo Half Speed
Giant Steps Intro Solo Three Quarters Speed
GOT A WEB CAM? RECORD YOURSELF PLAYING THE SOLO AND UPLOAD TO YOUTUBE
We love to see people enjoying and taking on the challenges presented within the Institute. If you loved learning this solo, record yourself. We will put it up on our various social media channels so you can get some exposure for all your hard work!
GUITAR MASTERS LESSON ONE – video length 7 minutes 31 seconds
This lesson covers the following areas with all accompanying music examples found in the PDF below:
- Video of the opening solo.
- Using tonal centres to play through a chord sequence or progression.
- Playing major scales within a a fretboard location with relation to tonal centres.
- Playing through the Giant Steps sequence in half notes.
- Playing through the Giant Steps sequence in quarter notes.
GUITAR MASTERS LESSON TWO – video length 11 minutes 17 seconds
Chordal playing. This lesson covers the following areas with all accompanying music examples found in the PDF below:
- Outlining the concept.
- Basic chord formations.
- Basic chord demo.
- Adding extensions and alterations.
- Demo – basic and advanced chords.
- Utilising chord inversions.
- Drop two voicings explained.
- Adapting drop two voicings.
- Voice leading between chords.